Deskin Law Firm
Representing Individuals in False Claims Act Matters
The key provisions of the 1986 Amendments to the FCA:
* Entitles successful whistleblowers to at least 15% and up to 30% of the funds they help the government recover from the defendant;
* Provides that the defendant pay for the successful whistleblowers reasonable expenses and attorney's fees;
* Protects whistleblowers from employer retaliation;
* Allows whistleblowers and the lawyers to remain as parties in the suits even after the Government joins;
* Makes defendants liable for acting in "deliberate ignorance" or "reckless disregard" of the truth and eliminated the need to prove specific intent.